The flagship product offered by CAFECC, our loans help small businesses flourish with easy access to capital, along with value-added financial and business training. All loans issued now have a compulsory savings program, helping clients form good financial habits. While we traditionally offered group and individual loans in the past (representing 60% and 40% of our client base, respectively), CAFECC now offers loans exclusively for individuals within groups.
- Loan term of 3 months to 2 years depending on the loan size and client’s capacity to pay
- Bi-weekly payment for loans ranging from 50,000 to 450,000 UGX and monthly payment for loans from 500,000 UGX and above.
- 20% of loan amount as compulsory savings deposit
- Registration fee of 10,000 UGX (inclusive of membership fee, passbook fee and application form fee)- this is once and for all in a client’s life time with CAFECC.
- Service fee of 4% for first time clients, 2% for repeat clients and 0% for clients who timely pay all installments directly to CAFECC office.
- Interest rate of 4% flat rate. The rate decreases with time i.e. 3.5% for 5 plus loans, 3% for 10 plus loans and 2.5% for 15 plus loans, and so on.
A new offering, our voluntary savings account is a no-frills option with an emphasis on low service fees and convenient withdrawal of money.
- No minimum balance
- No transaction fees
- No withdrawal limit
- No account maintenance fees
- Nominal account opening fee
Clients are encouraged to pay at least 1500 UGX or 0.64 USD per payment period to improve on their savings culture.
Learn more about how microfinance works, and how it’s strengthening the fight against poverty.